Please note that the poems and essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.


Wednesday 27 January 2010

Nouns


.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Newton_Cannon.svg/1000px-Newton_Cannon.svg.png




Around

nouns

people are

nervous,

possessive.






Newton's cannonball (illustration describing how gravity connects motion of everyday objects on Earth to motion of celestial objects such as the Moon): image by Brian Brondel, 2007

8 comments:

gamefaced said...

indeed.

Jon said...

I like these last two posts... you going to do adjectives next?

STEPHEN RATCLIFFE said...

Tom,
Two poems on words, which have (for quite a while) been spoken and "written down" (such coincidence!) ---

1.27

grey-white of clouds above sunlit green
ridge, red-tailed hawk calling in left
foreground, sound of waves in channel

full-blown color experience,
“now that I have seen”

part, immediate spoken word,
had been written down

grey-white clouds reflected in channel,
shadowed slope of ridge across from it

Anonymous said...

Ha!
Actually very clever; you.

aditya said...

Cleaver of you Tom, to structure us in the manner of you did !!

I liked the entire series of words.

Stu said...

I've enjoyed this poems on the 'parts of speech'. Are you planning to have a stab at prepositions, conjunctions and interjections?

TC said...

Thank you Aditya for noticing that I am a structuralist.

Well, Stu, I was indeed thinking of taking my cleaver to them... but I fear they may have now squirted away into the night, like small greas'd piggies.

Marie W said...

I should think so. Around the unaccountable ones in particular.