Please note that the poems and essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.


Thursday 24 September 2009

Second Thoughts About Stoogism


.


File:Palm tree and sun in smoke SoCal 2007.jpg
























Even my resilience is limited

The crashing silence of the palm trees

The rubber ball is on its
Eight thousandth bounce
The logic of elasticity
Is growing blurred

It is 5:19 A.M.

I have a feeling
Like being X-rayed
In the privacy of my house





File:Electric Chair at Sing Sing-noborder.jpg














Palm tree and sun in smoke, Socal
: photo by Alora Manley, 2007
Electric chair at Sing Sing Prison, Ossining, N.Y., c. 1900 (George Eastman House)


2 comments:

aditya said...

Very nicely compiled Tom ..

I liked

The logic of elasticity
is getting blurred very much.

Keep writing ..
I like reading you.

TC said...

Aditya,

These Stoogism poems were written some time back while living in Southern California, a place which seems (or seemed to me anyway) to blur all forms of logic...

Thanks, I like reading you too.