Please note that the poems and essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.


Monday 28 May 2018

the memorial function of poetry is keeping the memory green - so thank you for those who severed! the ultimate limb sacrifice! | Joseph Ceravolo: Ocean

.
#film #mist #langeron | by ecoterine

#film #mist #langeron: photo by ecoterine, 14 May 2018

Joseph Ceravolo: Ocean 

I paid you off.
  Now I want you to steal me.
My eyes are full of cement.
Wherever I am
when everything's so fated.
"I know I couldn't sleep"

Meet me wherever I am,
because I paid off,
even though I couldn't sleep.
And frighten them away.
I couldn't sleep, but a new
wave comes every few seconds.
 
Yes! they end on the shore.

Joseph Ceravolo (1934-1988): Ocean, from Spring in This World of Poor Mutts (1968)


No comments: