Please note that the poems and essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.


Wednesday 6 May 2009

Prophet


.

"I have been certified as mildly insane!": photo by Gillian Wearing, 1992-3; image by debie wicks, 12 January 2010



So then he wandered out into the street and began to testify
Something about life being a long journey of the soul
An endless voyaging turning into a voyaging with an end
One knows how but one does not know when
No one yet knows when as the traffic bore down on him

As the traffic bore down on him my mind drifted in the wilderness
Or was it that my mind having been adrift all along
I’ve just grown to regard the wilderness as my resting or laughing place
He cried but those were not yet his last words
As the traffic parted around him as around one charmed

No comments: